Monday, January 22, 2007

E-mailed Question Re:Labiaplasty

I am not a patient of yours - but I was wondering if you can address the following questions in your blog. My mother has undergone urology surgery to try to correct the frequent urination that occured after childbirth. You sneeze and you go syndrome..anyway - It wasnot as successful as hoped and I had seen an end of a show where the woman said she had labiaplasty to help correct this very same issue. If you could please discuss that a little in your blog..I am sure that alot of woman would get much needed information from it.


Reduction labiaplasty is cosmetic. In my practice, it addresses the size and "unevenness" that some women note in their labiae. Once in a while the size interferes with normal sexual relations. This is not common.

Procedures to improve stress incontinence (leakage of urine) are urological procedures. Plastic surgeons do not routinely work on such problems.


Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD